Sunday, June 22, 2008

Conspiracy Game

Author Christine Feehan either mesmerizes, or she disappoints. Her books are typically paranormal romances with a fair amount of spice. Like many prolific authors, she writes various series, including her vampire series, now up to about twenty titles, all of which begin with the word “dark” such as Dark Melody. Since I don’t read vampire books, I have not read any of those.

The first book I read by her, Wild Rain, is part of another series, but stands alone quite well. I loved the suspense, which Feehan can do fabulously indeed. I tried one of the Drake sisters books, another series, and I managed to finish the book, but I have not revisited the series because that one just didn’t hold my interest. One problem with writing a series is getting the “back story” covered in other books into the current one, that’s where Feehan can stumble. When she devotes too many pages to backstory, she risks losing the immediacy necessary for suspense.

A year or so ago, I was watching “book trailers” on YouTube and noticed the one done by COS productions for her suspenseful paranormal romance, Conspiracy Game. I was so impressed with the video that I marked it as a favorite and bought the book. I don’t remember why, but I parked that title, along with quite a few others, in one of my ever growing “to be read” stacks. A couple of days ago I picked up CG, and I was hooked within just a few pages. This book is just what I like to read— a mysterious plot with characters who are strong but not without vulnerabilities, military action, circus daredevils, medical mystery, plenty of paranormal elements, and not too many stray body parts leaking fluids onto the pages. Other books in the series include Shadow Game, Mind Game, and Night Game. I’ve included the book trailer, featuring Liz Maverick as the heroine. BTW, Maverick is another good paranormal romance writer.


Conspiracy Game is still available in mass market paperback, and provides plenty of entertainment for eight bucks. Oh, and it is quite suspenseful, if you just skim the backstory.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Jun 23, 2008, 2:22:00 AM, Blogger Sheila said...

The "Game" books (aka Ghostwalker series) have really picked up steam. I love the obvious research done for the books and all the action.

I actually love the Drake sisters series the most. I know the Dark series are most popular, but her last Drake sister's book, Safe Harbor hit #1 on NY Times. If you're up for it, try Dangerous Tides or Safe Harbor. You don't have to read the previous ones to read those.

I love the book trailer! I was so thrilled when I saw you have it up! Have you seen the blooper reel for it? Very funny!

Sheila (director of said book trailer)

 
At Jun 23, 2008, 7:23:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I love this series by Christine also. I also adore the Drake sisters the best, something about the powers and thier bond as sisters just draws me in and keeps me coming back for more every time. Conspiracy Game was a great book, but I did lie the next one about his brother even better. And while I love the trailer to this one, the trailer for Deadly Game featured the same "stars" and was just as good. Hope you get a chance to look at that one as well.

 
At Jun 23, 2008, 7:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christine feehan is an amazing author... You should give her Carpathain books a try... You might be surprised at what you find out. As far as The book Trailers, I absolutely love them, It is what got me in to reading Christine Feehans. I have read all the "Game Books", The "Carpathain Books" and All the "Shifter Books" I am starting the "Drake Sister" books now. As far as Book trailers go. COS Productions is Awesome. The trailers are usually very suspenseful, and the quality is amazing. Not to mention the Director of said book trailers is the absolute nicest person to met. COS has gotten me in to reading all sorts of Genre in books.

check out the COS site if you haven't done so...

Diana

 
At Jun 23, 2008, 8:11:00 AM, Blogger Pamela J. Dodd said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. I will have to look at the blooper reel— that sounds like fun!

 
At Jul 5, 2008, 11:17:00 AM, Blogger COS Book Trailers said...

Pam I would like to use this blog post in some research material I am doing. I tried to email you but it bounced back to me. Can you contact me?
sheila_clover (at) yahoo.com

Thanks!

 
At Jul 8, 2008, 8:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Jul 9, 2008, 7:41:00 PM, Blogger Pamela J. Dodd said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

I've been being spammed with comments promoting other sites, so I have enabled moderation. Friendly comments are always welcome, however.

Sorry!

<< Home