Sunday, May 09, 2010

Great Blog for fans of Science Fiction Romance

Sometimes I miss the best stuff online. I guess it is a talent, sorta like my uncanny ability to choose the slowest checkout line, and this talent often shines when I am in a hurry. Today, I want to mention The Galaxy Express, a blog by Heather Massey, which apparently began a couple of years ago.

While researching the works of a favorite author who writes science fiction romance, I happened upon this content rich wonder. Although I haven't read all of it, I have perused enough to go ahead and provide a link to it. Thus far I have enjoyed some reviews, some news, an interview with author and pilot, Susan Grant, and some posts which mirror topics I covered in earlier entries of Pam's Pages. A post with a topic similar to one of my posts is What's in a Name? There's a thoughtful article on cover art, which I blogged about when Trinity on Tylos was in the works. Recently, I re-read and blogged about Heinlein's Friday; here's her take on the same groundbreaking novel, and she wrote her entry two years before I wrote mine. And hers is better, darn it. Some years ago, I made a speech where in I stated that a villain is the key to a great story. Heather's post, "Got Villain?" is on the same topic, but with a different slant, of course.

The Galaxy Express has other good "article posts" as well as news about science fiction romance. Authors who are mentioned run the gamut from the fabulous Lois McMaster Bujold, who authored some of the first SFR titles that I enjoyed, to some of my recent favorites, including Pauline Baird Jones, who is releasing a sequel to The Key soon.

I probably should gush some more, since I am enjoying this new find, but I it's time to stop writing and get back to reading.

Bye!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 9, 2010, 9:33:00 PM, Blogger Heather Massey said...

Wow! *blushing* Wow! Pamela, thanks very much for covering my blog and for your kind words.

Glad to see you're enjoying the work of Pauline Baird Jones. I was lucky enough to read an advanced copy of her forthcoming steampunk romance novella TANGLED IN TIME and it's so much fun. I'm going to start GIRL GONE NOVA very soon.

I should clarify that the post on Heinlein's FRIDAY was written by my resident guest blogger, Agent Z. She deserves all the credit for that.

Thanks again for coming aboard The Galaxy Express--hope to chat with you there!

 
At May 11, 2010, 4:38:00 PM, Blogger Pamela J. Dodd said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to spending more time at The Galaxy Express.

And, Agent Z, I did enjoy your post about Heinlein's Friday.

 

Post a Comment

I've been being spammed with comments promoting other sites, so I have enabled moderation. Friendly comments are always welcome, however.

Sorry!

<< Home