Saturday, January 28, 2006

Q and A from Love Romances

Only a few people posted questions for my Author Day at Love Romances, but the experience was quite interesting. I've decided to post a few of those in lieu of any other blog entry. Here they are (in no certain order.)

What is your favorite all time movie and why?
Most of you will think this is a silly answer, but I have a great fondness for The Sound of Music. When I was a young girl, a couple in our small church took the children who won an attendance award to the cinema in Athens (about 20 miles away) to see it, and I'd never even been to a movie theatre. I was entranced by the beautiful music, the lovely Austrian setting, and the story which said that the love of a family could take on a force as powerful and as evil as Nazi Germany. I've shared this film and a love of musicals with my own children, who also enjoy it.

If either of your books would be made into a movie, which one would you choose
and what actors to play the characters?
I hope no one would want to do The Gift Horse. Some bad stuff happens in it! As for Trinity, gosh, some of the settings and the physical changes which occur make it a bit unusual. If it were to be made into a movie, it would just about have to be animated, but not "child friendly" animation. I'm thinking more like video games, I suppose. However, the look and feel of video games might clash with the maternal theme. Okay, assuming that we'd be casting voices, I love Michael Dorn's voice overs, so maybe he could be the menacing Azareel. Gena Davis could be Venice (she's doing okay as the president), and Sally Struthers would make a great Alathea. Matthew McConaughey would make a good Steve, because he is strong without being too showy.

What kind of music do you enjoy to listen to?

I like show tunes, like Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera, and I still enjoy hearing oldies from my high school days-- the seventies. I don't care for much of what my children listen to, however. Hip Hop, rap and stuff like that don't appeal to me.

Who is the biggest supporter of your writing?

Many people are supportive, including my mother-in-law, who proofread Trinity twice-- before I sent it to WCP and between editing and the final version.

Which part of writing a book do you enjoy most and which do you enjoy least?

I am horrible at proofreading. Honestly, I see what I want to see on the page, not what is really there. So I'm grateful to people who edit and proofread for me. Promotion is rather difficult for me as well, because I am a bit shy. I know that sounds odd, b/c I do public speaking, but I quake when I walk up to that podium!

Congratulations on Trinity. It sounds interesting. Is there a genre you haven't tried yet that you want to?

Thanks, I hope many people come meet the characters in Trinity. I'd like to write some non-fiction sometime, perhaps a guide to integrating technology into classroom teaching. I like helping people with technology, but I don't want to speak or think like a geek.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I've been being spammed with comments promoting other sites, so I have enabled moderation. Friendly comments are always welcome, however.

Sorry!

<< Home