Sunday, March 05, 2006

Being PC

I did a bit of surgery on this blog just now, so if you seem to remember entries that used to be here and do not find them, that is the beauty of the internet. Things in print are read over and over because they are a bit more permanent. Words written with electrons on a screen are ephemeral.

Basically, I cut out items which mentioned my family. My real one, that is. My blog will be politically correct from now on. Lean, trim, and (alas) much more devoid of character.

You can't have everything.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Mar 14, 2006, 8:16:00 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Hey, you don't have to apologize for neutering your site, I heartily agree!
My blog has the bare minimum about me. I usually stick to books I've read, places I've been, odes to things...this week was chinchillas .... I never mention my kids names .... or where I live... I talk about my dreams of writing, jokes, perhaps my opinions on things..but really personal stuff will be via email only. I've only shared emails with fellow bloggers after blogging for 8 months. Even then, I'm careful. My sister had a cyber-stalking 7 years ago and it freaked my family out. So, yes, cutting to the minimum is just fine. You have to take care of the safety of those you care for in your personal sphere. I hope nothing bad or scary happened to prompt this change in your blog.
There alwasy seems to be a bad apple somewhere..*sigh*

All the Best!!
M

 
At Mar 14, 2006, 8:46:00 PM, Blogger Pamela J. Dodd said...

Hi Michelle,

Nothing bad, per se, happened, but my significant other had a constituant complain about an entry. So, I took out references to him.

That's one of the downsides to having to win an election every four years to keep the groceries on the table!

 

Post a Comment

I've been being spammed with comments promoting other sites, so I have enabled moderation. Friendly comments are always welcome, however.

Sorry!

<< Home