Friday, January 25, 2008

8 Things for 08


For 2008, I am offering a quartet of lists eight items long. These are in no certain order, but might make readers think of their own favorite things.

Eight books I have read more than once and will no doubt read again
1. Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert A. Heinlein
2. The Impossible Virgin, by Peter O’Donnell
3. Friday, by Robert A. Heinlein
4. Touch the Wind, by Janet Dailey
5. Shards of Honor, by Lois McMaster Bujold
6. The Ivy Tree, by Mary Stewart
7. Contact, by Susan Grant
8. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee

Eight songs I could listen to over and over again
1. I Won’t Last a Day Without You, by The Carpenters
2. The Phantom of the Opera, by Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman
3. The Music of the Night, by Michael Crawford in The Phantom of the Opera
4. Memory from Cats, by Andrew Lloyd Webber
5. Any Dream will Do, from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, by Andrew Lloyd Webber
6. My Favorite Things, by Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music
7. Jambalya, by The Carpenters
8. Put Your Hand in the Hand, by Elvis

Eight movies to see again and again
1. Star Wars
2. Gone With the Wind
3. The Sound of Music
4. Galaxy Quest
5. Star Trek, The Wrath of Khan
6. Cat Ballou
7. The Dollmaker
8. Ben Hur

Eight things I am passionate about
1. A great story (mine or other folk’s)
2. My family
3. My church
4. My friends
5. Teaching
6. Decent transportation
7. Never spending all day cooking or cleaning
8. Not wasting money

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Jan 31, 2008, 12:35:00 PM, Blogger Susan Grant said...

What an honor to see my book Contact listed as one of your rereads! Thank you!

 
At Jan 31, 2008, 3:00:00 PM, Blogger Pamela J. Dodd said...

Thank you for writing it! I've read most of your science fiction romances, but Contact continues to be my favorite.

Thank you for stopping by Pam's Pages.

 

Post a Comment

I've been being spammed with comments promoting other sites, so I have enabled moderation. Friendly comments are always welcome, however.

Sorry!

<< Home