Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Best Audience is...


I’m learning that the best folks to talk with about science fiction are the fans of the genre. Okay, that sounds like a “duh,” but my first book didn’t seem to require targeting an audience. At least not in the same way. Every time a local civic club called, I just went in with my speech and a box of books, talked for fifteen minutes and sold them.

Alas, no civic groups are calling this time, but I had a really great visit with the folks at the Atlanta Science Fiction Society when I was their guest speaker last weekend. Their questions were really interesting, and they were one of the best audiences I’ve ever had. While I was visiting and signing, they gave me quite a lot of good advice for new groups to visit, so I’ll no doubt have some new events to attend as time goes on.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I've been being spammed with comments promoting other sites, so I have enabled moderation. Friendly comments are always welcome, however.

Sorry!

<< Home