Saturday, August 05, 2006

What I Can’t Write About

I generally have no trouble thinking of topics, but I do struggle with what I can blog about and get away with it. I’ve had several ideas occur to me, but I’ve nixed them due to politics. Being politically correct at our house is ridiculously important, due to hubby being in public office, so I can’t write about anything beyond writing and publishing.

Here’s what I didn’t write about this week:

Only in Georgia (a tale hubby told me about buying a church raffle ticket— for a shotgun!)

National Board Certified Teachers (my daughter’s high school hired a counselor with this august designation last year, and this year the middle school counselor and assistant principal spent the first week of school rebuilding all the schedules, while my daughter spent time in her history class coloring. About 90% of the schedules were hopeless, so the teachers are saying that classes start over again next week.)

Why motorists don’t need a cell phone! (a recollection of the day six police cars lined the road on either side in front of our house— prompted by my twelve year old playing “army” in the yard and a motorist who called it in as “a dark haired male with a firearm.” I guess he was going too fast to see the big orange gizmo on the muzzle of his toy gun.)

ROI (explaining why I have decided that I can’t do any more promotions when my royalty check from WCP was $4.96 for three months’ worth of sales. While I’ve enjoyed visiting cons and bookstores, those figures do not cover gas, much less hotel bills.)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Aug 10, 2006, 12:02:00 PM, Blogger The Substitute Chef said...

Hey Pam,
Hang in there, girl. It's a tough biz. You'll get your name out there... all in good time.
Keep writing!

 
At Aug 10, 2006, 3:40:00 PM, Blogger Pamela J. Dodd said...

Thanks Chris!

I'm glad you stopped by. And I reread my royalties statement after I did this post. It is actually for $4.56!

It's a good thing I don't need this to feed the family or anything like that....

 

Post a Comment

I've been being spammed with comments promoting other sites, so I have enabled moderation. Friendly comments are always welcome, however.

Sorry!

<< Home