Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I'm an eBook fan!

I have numerous bookshelves in my home, and I use spots (such as the ample space atop my kitchen cabinets) to store books as well. My children’s friends call our house “the library” which is a better label for it than “a messy house,” which is how hubby views it.

However, I do tend to let the paperbacks and hardcovers stack up, while I read all of the eBooks I can get onto my PDA. That is in part due to having it with me— I usually tuck my Palm into my purse, so wherever I am, I have those eBooks. Last week, I was at my doctor’s office for my annual physical, and they were just a bit behind, so the visit took up over two hours, and I spent quite a bit of that time reading. (Regs, by Nina Osier, a science fiction book which really made me say, “Wow!” and I don’t do that often.) The Palm had seventy seven titles on it the last time I looked, and most of those are novels, rather than short fiction. Try putting seventy paperbacks in your purse....

Yes, I have Marjorie Liu’s new paranormal romance in my TBR stack, but it was Osier’s book which got the nod, and that was due to it being in electronic format. I have a borrowed novelization of the life of Mary Magdalene which I do want to read as well, but it is large and heavy, so it is gathering dust. Instead, I just began reading a new Angela Verdenius eBook, which I had with me while I was waiting for my kids to emerge from school.

Some of my friends and relatives look at me as if I have lost my mind when I tell them that I prefer eBooks, but the truth is the number of unread titles on my Palm is fewer than five, and the number in my TBR stack on the shelves at my house is a tall stack (and it is growing). Actually, there are too many to put in one spot, but let’s just say that I have quite a few.

My friend, Malcolm Campbell, recently commented on eBooks as well, and he makes a case for them, but in a different way. Do take a look at his entry posted as Trick Falls.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Feb 3, 2007, 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Malcolm R. Campbell said...

Aha, I see when the problem with leaving comments happens. The word verification doesn't display properly when one comes here from your web site. Otherwise, it works.

Thanks for the Trick Falls link!

--TF (aka Malcolm)

 
At Feb 3, 2007, 1:46:00 PM, Blogger Pamela J. Dodd said...

You are welcome for the link. I have enjoyed reading your "Trick Falls" blog!

 
At Feb 4, 2007, 1:26:00 PM, Blogger Malcolm R. Campbell said...

I'm sure my one billion daily hits will find "Pam's Pages" in my blogroll and will all come here!

--Malcolm

 
At Mar 27, 2007, 7:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything by Nina Osier is a winner in my book. So glad you found her!
Janet Elaine Smith, author/reader
www.janetelainesmith.com

 
At Mar 27, 2007, 8:01:00 PM, Blogger Star Publish said...

Nina Osier is an excellent author. Glad to see that you like her too. :)
Kristie Leigh Maguire
http://kristieleighmaguire.com

 
At Mar 29, 2007, 9:59:00 PM, Blogger Pamela J. Dodd said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I absolutely loved "Regs" and I am reading "The Way to Freedom" which is the sequel. It's nice to revisit favorite characters and worlds and Nina Osier created both with this pair of novels.

 

Post a Comment

I've been being spammed with comments promoting other sites, so I have enabled moderation. Friendly comments are always welcome, however.

Sorry!

<< Home